Visiting the site http://www.iris.be, hereinafter referred to as “the Site” implies unreserved acceptance of the present Conditions of Use.
1. User account
Use of the Site may require the creation of an account and communication of your complete and exact details.
Creation of a user account implies recognition of your complete and sole liability for all activities conducted on the Site from your account.
The user understands and accepts that:
- the form and nature of the Site may be modified without prior notice;
- the editor may transfer, either permanently or on a temporary basis, the operation of all or part of the Site, at his sole discretion, without notice;
- he bears sole personal liability for any default in his obligations under the present Conditions of Use and for the consequences of any such default.
All the elements making up the Site (texts, graphics, software, photographs, images, videos, sound, maps, names, logos, marks, various protectable creations and works, databases, etc., …) and the site itself, fall within the scope of Belgian and international legislation in the matter of copyright and intellectual property.
These elements, other than elements provided by external contributors not having surrendered their copyright, are the exclusive property of the editor.
Any representation or reproduction, in whole or in part, made without the consent of the author or his legal claimants is unlawful. The same likewise applies as regards translation, adaptation or transformation, arrangement or reproduction by any method or process of any kind.
The editor is the producer of databases used or constituted by the Site. Any extraction or use of content from these bases not expressly authorized may engage the civil and/or penal liability of the author. The editor reserves the possibility of all forms of legal redress against any persons failing to respect this restriction.
The editor declines all liability:
- In case of interruption of the Site for technical maintenance operations or updating of the published information;
- In case of temporary impossibility of access to the Site (and/or sites linked thereto) due to technical problems, regardless of origin and provenance;
- In case of direct or indirect damage of any kind caused to the user, resulting from the content, the access or the use of the Site (and/or sites linked thereto);
- In case of abnormal or unlawful use of the Site. The user of the Site thus bears sole liability for any damage caused to third parties and the consequences of any claims or actions that may arise therefrom. The user likewise shall not seek any redress against the editor in case of legal proceedings initiated against him by a third party due to the fact of unlawful use or operation of the site.
4. Hypertext links
The Site may contain hypertext links to sites operated by third parties. These links are provided for information only. The editor has no control over these sites and declines all liability as regards access to, content or use of these sites, and any loss or damage that might result from consulting the information provided on these sites. The decision to activate these links is the complete and entire personal responsibility of the surfer.
No hypertext link to the Site may be created without express prior consent from the editor.
If a surfer or a legal person wishes to create, from his site, a hypertext link to the Site, he must first contact the editor at the address given above. The person concerned will be informed regarding the acceptance or refusal of such request.
5. Changes to the Conditions of Use
The editor reserves the right to change the Conditions of Use of the Site at any time and as is deemed fit. Each user connecting to the Site is advised to check the present Conditions of Use regularly so as to keep informed of any changes. Regular use of the Site as these Conditions of Use continue to be adapted constitutes acceptance, by each user, of the Conditions of Use currently in force.
6. Competent court – Applicable law
Any cases of dispute that may arise as regards the validity, interpretation, acceptance and execution of the present Conditions of Use, regardless of place of consultation or connection, shall first be the subject of an attempt towards amicable settlement. If, however, this cannot be arranged within a period of time of one month, the Courts of Law of Brussels shall have sole competence, even in case of warranty call or plurality of defendants.
The present Conditions of Use are governed by Belgian law.